Want admission to a college, but have to go through the common test? Need some guidance or elaborate information on these tests? Then read this article to get an insight about the various International Tests that is common world wide.
What are International Tests?
Many students have to appear for an entrance test before taking admission to a college or an institute. Tests that are applicable in many countries are known as International Tests.
These tests are developed in a uniform pattern and have common questions all over. Thus, it helps to judge the abilities of students on an equal basis.
Most of these tests are conducted to test English speaking abilities of students belonging to non English speaking countries. Hence, it helps the English speaking countries to admit those students who can easily cope with their
medium of language.
Why International Tests?
International Tests are useful because they help to determine the capabilities of a student. It tests the aptitude, logical skills, language and over all thinking of students. Thus, it judges students on an equal basis from different countries and cultures.
List of International Tests
- MCAT or
The Medical College Admission Test is medical school admissions process
test for more than 80 years to assess the preparedness of students for
the rigorous medical programs.
The MCAT exam tests prospective
students on the skills and knowledge medical educators and physicians
have identified as key prerequisites for success in medical school and
the practice of medicine.To know more about MCAT Click Here
or The Graduate Record examination, is a test conducted by the ETS
(Educational Testing Services), United States of America to analyse the
potential of the candidate applying for studying abroad. To know more about GRE Click Here
- SAT or
The Scholastic Aptitude Test and SAT subject (SSAT) Tests are designed
to assess your academic readiness for the college. SAT is a
per-requisite for admission to many colleges worldwide.This test aims at
testing your knowledge about the various subjects that your are taught
in high school and how good you are at applying the knowledge in your
everyday life.To know more about SAT Click Here
- GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test is used to assess
the candidate’s writing, quantitative, analytical, verbal and reading
skills in a standard written English. It is conducted to enroll students
in a graduate management program, such as MBA. To know more about GMAT Click Here
- LSAT or Law School Admission Test is managed by the Law
School Admission Council (LSAC), which measures reading comprehension,
logical and verbal reasoning proficiencies for prospective Law
candidates. To know more about LSAT Click Here
Language Proficiency Tests
Mobility of students across the
world has also brought in forefront the accepted requisite skill of
communication in different languages. There are a various countries
across the globe providing the best quality of education and
specialization in the professional fields and sought after global
careers. This is where language proficiency tests come into picture and
become inevitable. Languages play very important role while opting to
study abroad in countries where one needs to prove proficiency in native
language of country.
If you are also toying with an idea of
studying abroad then university and college admission process will
necessitate you to take one of the language proficiency or standardized
test. Worleducation.info has compiled a list of international language
proficiency tests to help in prepare well in advance to get into your
dream country for studies, work or immigration.
Find below list of standardized tests that assesses language proficiency of a foreign secondary language:
English Language Tests
- IELTS or International English Testing System is an English Language Test, which is managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council and IDP Education Pty Ltd. IELTS is conducted in two versions, first being the Academic Version and the second is General Training Version. To know more about IELTS Click Here
- TOEIC or Test of English for International Communication is an English language test, which is designed to judge the everyday English skills of people who want to work in an international environment. It includes TOEIC Listening and Reading Tests and the newer TOEIC Speaking and Writing Test. To know more about TOEIC Click Here
- TOEFL or Test of English as a Foreign Language is conducted to measure the skills of English Language in an academic setting. It is one of the basic requirements to enroll students in higher learning institutes and universities, many government agencies, businesses, scholarship programs and licensing agencies. To know more about TOEFL Click Here