Part Time Jobs for Students: Local Jobs / Campus Jobs
Many university programmes and college programmes worldwide allow students to work on part time basis preferably 20 hours over a week. But in no case you would be allowed to work more than 30/35 hours per week. Though earning from such jobs would not be sufficient to pay for tuition fees but it will be of little help to support your studies for example to pay your food bills or may be travel cost. You can make some pocket money working part time while pursuing a study programme.
The type of job you will get largely depends on your qualification, previous work experiences if you have any and your skill sets. Besides money, part time job also help you to learn in real time; for example when you work for college cafeteria or security you meet many new people, learn new dialects and get a fair chance to socialize with local people.
Part Time work opportunities are better for students enrolled for graduate programmes or research. For candidates enrolled in undergraduate programmes or certificate courses of few months duration opportunities are limited. Normally your programme director will help you in finding part time work opportunities inside campus, for example; work in a cafeteria, library, college canteen, security, laundry or gardening etc. Candidates with higher qualification may also get chance to deliver classes to junior students.
If you stay back in campus during summer breaks chose to work full time to make some extra money, this can add well towards your next semester expenditure. Also weekends are free, you can look around for some jobs that can be done over holidays to make some extra money; for example you can mow the lawn or house cleaning. If you know driving and have local driving license you can take people for sightseeing and would be pretty exciting. You will enjoy your holidays while serving travelers.
Also you can get part time job opportunities outside campus for example to work for a gas filling station or newspaper delivery etc. You can find part time work opportunities around campus from local newspaper advertisements, classifieds or social media etc. Also senior students and college groups will be helpful.
Many colleges and universities provide internships to the students as a part of their program. Thus, students can also earn through internships and continue with studies. When you work part time for someone this makes to part of your CV and works as a good recommendation when looking for a regular day job. For part time jobs although local candidates are preferred but there are no reservations. Anyone can apply for such jobs and earn money.
Tips for Students / Part Time Job Seekers
- Students can search for Part Time employment opportunities in their college premises.
- Options such as working in the cafeteria, library, supporting the administrative department are available to students.
- Moreover, one can also look for jobs nearby colleges or residence to save the time to travel.
- Students can discuss with their peers who are already working, and can join the same place.
- Part Time employment is one of the best options available to the students, as it provides with a lot of experience and financial support.
- Few options that students can avail outside their college premises are, working in an amusement park, grocery store, mall, showrooms, restaurants, fuel pumps, or even work from home, etc.
- There are ample amount of opportunities that students can easily avail.