Admission Requirements for Higher Education in Luxembourg
Luxembourg is home to the University of Luxembourg that dominates the higher education system of the country. The University held lectures in three languages including English, French and German, which makes it one of the few universities in the world that are multilingual and puts strong focus on research study. The students can get themselves in any of these faculties, viz.
- The Faculty of Science Technology and Communication (Kirchberg campus)
- The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance (campus Limpertsberg)
- The Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education (Walferdange campus)
The courses are held in three levels including The Bachelor’s Degree, The Master’s Degree and PhD. Other than the University of Luxembourg, some other foreign universities like the Sacred Heart University, Miami University Dolibois European Center (MUDEC) and the Open University Luxembourg also have their campuses in Luxembourg.
Few points to keep in mind while applying to a Luxembourgish university or institution
For admission into the First cycle (undergraduate) and Second - Third cycle (graduate level) at university in Luxembourg, the candidate can apply online by following the steps given below:
- Look for a suitable course of study that will best meet your academic profile and personal expectations.
- The second important step is to apply to the university using the online application form for graduate and undergraduate studies in Luxembourg. One can use the single online application system to apply to all the universities.
- Once the registration process is complete, the candidates will be informed on which documents they have to attach the application form.
After the application is processed, a notification will be received by the applicant informing whether they have been selected for the course of study program that they have applied for.
Another important point to be noted that for getting admission to the undergraduate studies in Luxembourg, one needs to meet a cut-off point. The cut-off point is the grade point that is the average marks scored from the upper secondary studies and this determines whether the applicant has qualified for the studies that they have applied for.
General Admission Requirements
First cycle (Undergraduate studies)
After successfully possessing a valid school leaving certificate, the applicant qualifies themselves for the higher education studies in Luxembourg. However, one has to prove their knowledge on either of the language including Luxembourgish, English, German or French and that depends upon the study program that the applicants have applied for.
Second cycle (Master's studies)
The applicant should possess a relevant bachelor's or equivalent degree or diploma to get admitted for a master's program at universities in Luxembourg.
Third cycle (PhD studies)
A master's degree is a must for the applicant to apply for doctoral studies at the university in Luxembourg.
Language requirements for studies at university in Luxembourg (Luxembourgish, English, French and German).
The higher education language of instruction varies and depends upon the study program that the applicants have applied for. The most common languages of instruction include Luxembourgish, English, German and French.