PSAT 10: Skill Test For 10th Graders
The PSAT (Preliminary SAT) is designed by College Board and administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS) worldwide. Students studying in Grade 10 require to consult their School’s Education Counselor to appear for the test. Schools chose a date to offer the PSAT 10. The PSAT 10 Score is used by Scholarship programmes but not considered for award of National Merit Scholarship. Here given exclusive details about PSAT 10, test schedule, test structure, and how to take the test and understanding test score etc.
PSAT 10 Test Content
The PSAT 10 measures test takers abilities on three parameters; Reading Test, Writing and Language Test and Math Test. Following given details of text content.
The Reading Test measures the following three things: Command of Evidence, Words in Context, Analysis in History/Social Studies and in Science
- All Reading Test questions are multiple choice and based on passages.
- Some passages are paired with other passages.
- Informational graphics, such as tables, graphs, and charts, accompany some passages—but no math is required.
- Prior topic-specific knowledge is never tested.
- The Reading Test is part of the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section.
Writing and Language Test
In Writing and Language Test, you do the three things: 1. Read, 2. Find Mistakes and Weaknesses and 3. Fix Them
- All questions are multiple choice and based on passages.
- Some passages are accompanied by informational graphics, such as tables, graphs, and charts—but no math is required.
- Prior topic knowledge is never tested.
- The Writing and Language Test is part of the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section.
- The Writing and Language Test Measures; Command of Evidence, Words in Context, Analysis in History/Social Studies and in Science, Expression of Ideas, Standard English Conventions
- The Math Test will focus in depth on the three areas of math: 1. Heart of Algebra, 2. Problem Solving and Data Analysis, 3. Passport to Advance Math
- Most math questions will be multiple choice, but some—called grid-ins—ask you to come up with the answer rather than select the answer.
- The Math Test is divided into two portions: Math Test–Calculator and Math Test–No Calculator.
- Some parts of the test include several questions about a single scenario.
- The Math Test measures three things 1. Fluency, 2. Conceptual Understanding and 3. Applications
PSAT 10 Score
The PSAT 10 Total Score is measured on a Scale of Score Range 320 – 1520. Following given detailed score structure
Details: Sum of the two section scores.
Score Range: 320–1520Section scores (2)
Details: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, and Math.
Score Range: 160–760
Section Test scores (3)
Details: Reading, Writing and Language, and Math.
Score Range: 8–38Cross-test scores (2)
Details: Analysis in History/Social Studies and Analysis in Science. Based on selected questions in the Reading, Writing and Language, and Math Tests.
Score Range: 8–38Subscores (7)
Details: Reading and Writing and Language: Command of Evidence and Words in Context. Writing and Language: Expression of Ideas and Standard English Conventions. Math: Heart of Algebra, Problem Solving and Data Analysis, and Passport to Advanced Math.
Score Range: 1–15
PSAT 10 Test Dates
PSAT 10 is a test for 10th Graders. Schools book the PSAT 10 to measure skills and interests of students. Find PSAT 10 Schedule: https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/psat-10
PSAT 10 Registration
Candidates enrolled in 10th Grade are advised to contact School Counselor for PSAT 10 Administration. Schools book the PSAT 10 test date on behalf of students. Test is offered by ETS in US and the world. Register for PSAT 10: https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/psat-10