DSST Standardized Test For College Credit
DSST Examinations are college credit that students can earn outside classroom settings. The DSST Examinations are available in 38 study areas. You can chose your subjects from a range of study disciplines viz; humanities, business, physical science and mathematics etc. The examination is supported by DANTES. The DSST Test takers saves thousand of dollars and study hours by earning college credits towards a college degree. The DSST Examination not only help in saving cost and study hours but also aids in starting early career.
List of DSST Examination Subjects
The following DSST exams are available:
- Business Ethics and Society
- Business Mathematics
- Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Business
- Management Information Systems
- Money and Banking
- Organizational Behavior
- Personal Finance
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Supervision
- Ethics in America
- Introduction to World Religions
- Principles of Advanced English Composition
- Principles of Public Speaking
- Fundamentals of College Algebra
- Math for Liberal Arts
- Principles of Statistics
- Environmental Science (formerly Environment and Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet)
- Health & Human Development (formerly Here’s to Your Health)
- Principles of Physical Science I
- A History of the Vietnam War
- Art of the Western World
- Criminal Justice
- Foundations of Education
- Fundamentals of Counseling
- General Anthropology
- History of the Soviet Union (formerly the Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union)
- Human/Cultural Geography
- Introduction to Law Enforcement
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- Substance Abuse (formerly Drug and Alcohol Abuse)
- The Civil War and Reconstruction
- Computing and Information Technology (formerly Introduction to Computing)
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
Benefits of DSST
DSST Examinations are sponsored by DANTES. The examination test your knowledge from previous years of studies; the course credit is comparable to final year college degree course. The DSST Credits enables you to gain college credit and same can be applied to meet degree requirements. Examinations are available in 38 study subjects. You can take DSST at on-base and community-based National/International Test Centers. The Amrican Council on Education (ACE) has made college credit recommendations for DSST examinations. However, acceptance of DSST cretit is matter of individual academic institutions. To sum up DSST Examinations offer following benefits
- You earn college credit for the subjects you studied in previous years and gained knowledge.
- The DSST has less study hours requirements; an average DSST exam takes 8-15 week of course attendance.
- It reduces the college course work, thus you can complete a degree in less time and start early career.
- DSST cost less than college course work; the examination is supported by DANTES.
- You don’t need to spend on Tuition Assistance (TA).
- DSST Exam Scores reflecs on a service member’s Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- The DSST is available for free through online via mobile apps, installation libraries and study centers.
DSST Examinations Eligibility
- Service Members: Military personnel, to include active duty, Guard and Reserve components, U.S. Coast Guard, and USCG Reserve members must have and maintain a valid government-issued Common Access Card (CAC) to be eligible for DANTES funding.
- U.S. Coast Guard Spouses: Spouses of active duty and Reserve Coast Guard members must have and maintain the Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card, DD Form 1173 to be eligible for DANTES funding.
- Air Force Civil Service employees: Non-contract US Air Force civilian employees are eligible for DANTES-sponsored CLEP testing, but must test at on-base or fully-funded test centers.
Personnel not Funded by DANTES
- Inactive Guard, Inactive Reserve, and Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Military Retirees
- Separated/Discharged Veterans
- DoD Acquisition Workforce Personnel
- Spouses, Dependents, and Civil Service employees of active duty Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force
- Spouses, Dependents, and Civil Service employees of National Guard and Reserve components
- Employees of the Coast Guard and Coast Guard Reserve
DSST Examination Cost
DANTES provides upfront funding of DSST test fees, for the first attempt on all exam titles, for eligible military members. Military members who retest should use the civilian test registration procedures to pay for test costs. DANTES does not pay for retesting.
DSST Examination Test Center
The DSST Examinations are administered worldwide. Find a DSST Test Center near you. (URL: https://getcollegecredit.com/find-a-test-center/)
There are two categories of DSST Test Centers
Test Fee Only: Test centers are colleges and universities that do not agree to waive the registration fee. Service members are responsible for paying the test administration fee which is not funded by DANTES. Fees vary by institution.
: Test centers may be located on-base or on-campus and agree to waive the registration fee for DANTES-funded examinees. Administration and examination fees are paid by DANTES.
DSST Test Prep
Looking to earn college credit from past years of knowledge? Prepare and appear for DSST Credit Based Examinations. Here given list of preparation resources for your help
- Gain insight into what's in your test with Free DSST Exam Fact Sheets
- Get free DSST study material at .
- Try one of DSST's online practice exams
- Military OneSource provides free, online resources to service members and their families via the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Digital Library. EBSCO’s LearningExpress DoD Test Prep is one resource that provides access to: military test prep (ASTB-E, ASVAB, Military Flight Aptitude Test, Officer Candidate Tests, etc.); CLEP, DSST, SAT prep; and much, much, more.
- Download the flyer for instructions on how to access the DoD Test Prep or visit the MWR Digital Library for more information.
Detailed information about DSST is available from official website getcollegecredit.com