If living beings-animals, plants or humans and their complex processes make you curious and you would like to take on the challenge of interpreting these complex processes produced in the form of huge data useful for biological information and be the part of growing biological research arena then choose Bioinformatics Scientists as your career option.
A Bioinformatics Scientist design and develop bioinformatics data analysis pipelines, evaluate and optimize bioinformatics tools for different data sets and analyses, develop and re-engineer data analysis software, and creates genome annotations. You will work in a fast-paced environment with other scientists and software engineers to design and develop an easy-to-use system for biologists without computational background.
Role of Bioinformatics Scientists
- Create new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.
- Analyze problems and large datasets and create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Analyze large molecular datasets such as raw microarray data, genomic sequence data, and proteomics data for clinical or basic research purposes.
- Read latest journals and keep abreast with latest happening in the field by attending professional conferences.
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Manipulate publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic, proteomic, or post-genomic databases.
Skills Required to be Bioinformatics ScientistsKnowledge Skills:
Sound knowledge of subjects like biology, computer and electronics and chemistry.Sound Logic and Reasoning Skills:
Critical thinking in solving problems, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.Good Listening Skills:
Understanding what other people are saying and taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.Problem Solving Skills and Goal Seeking Attitude:
The careful combination of problem solving and Bioinformatics technique displays goal seeking attitude is likely to produce more positive results.