AI Research as a Career
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is among top career options today. If you have passion to find new things AI Research may be a suitable career option for you. However, to become an AI Researcher you need to accomplish qualification and skills required for an AI Engineering Career
Steps to become AI Researcher
- Step 1: Obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Science
- Step 2: Sharpen Technological Fluency
- Step 3: Seek a Position within the AI Field
- Step 4: Stay Current on AI Trends
You can begin your AI Research Career after completion of a Bachelor's degree. However, a Ph.D is preferred.
AI Researcher Salaries
Researchers working in the field of Artificial Intelligence can expect to earn high wages. A lot depends on the size of the organization, its goals and vision. The exact amount that you’ll earn varies from one job to another; you can generally expect to earn more than $46,310 annually according to US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AI Researcher's Job Titles
Companies may advertise for requirement of AI Researchers under following job titles
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- AI engineer
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- AI researcher
- Research Scientist
- Robotics Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- ML scientist
- Natural language processing
- AI Analyst
- AI Architect
- Machine learning Lead
- AI ethicist
- Big Data Engineer
- Product Management
- Reliability Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Adjunct Faculty Position In Artificial Intelligence
- AI designer
- Data Ecologists
Generally companies looking for a Ph.D talent often advertise as AI Research Scientist or AI Researcher etc.
AI Researchers General Responsibilities
- To design and develop new artificial intelligence algorithms for media synthesis, anomaly detection, speech recognition, etc.
- Implement and test new deep learning algorithms.
- Write and maintain good quality code.
The AI Research Scientist is among 10 Jobs in the field of AI job market.