GRE - Overview
There are four ways you can register for the computer-based GRE revised General Test outside the United States.Online Registration
Create or have a My GRE Account to register online
Online registration is not available for applicants with disabilities or health-related needs.Phone Registration
Call the appropriate Regional Registration Center (RRC) at least two business days before your preferred test date.
A confirmation number, reporting time and the test center address will be given to you when you make the call.
Phone registration is not available in Nigeria.Fax Registration
Fax the International Test Scheduling Form to the appropriate center. The form must be received at least seven days prior your first-choice test date.
After your fax is received, you will be provided with a confirmation number, reporting time, date and the test center address will be emailed, faxed or mailed to you.
Fax registration is not available for test takers in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Nigeria.Mail Registration
Mail the International Test Scheduling Form to the appropriate center with appropriate payment. The form must be received at least three weeks before your earliest test date choice.
A confirmation number, reporting time and the test center address will be emailed, faxed or mailed to you.
Mail registration is not available for test takers in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea.
The fee for taking the test is same worldwide. Additional fees has to be paid for other services like late registration, rescheduling, changing the test center or changing the subject.
All fees has to be paid in US$. And the payments that are not made in US$ should be made in the following currencies at the exchange rate of the US$ equivalent:
The total marks allotted in GRE is 340(maximum)
Measure Scores Reported
Verbal Reasoning 130–170, in 1 point increments
Quantitative Reasoning 130–170, in 1 point increments
Analytical Writing 0–6, in half point incrementsFor any unanswered question, you will receive a No Score Score Select Option
This option allows you to decide which test scores to send to the institutions You can choose to send the score from the test taken in the last five years.
Test DayThings to do
- Dress up comfortably.If required carry a jacket with you to with stand the temperature variation. Please remember that clothing such as scarves, hats, caps, jackets are subject to inspection.
- Carry a ID proof (with recent photograph)
- Do NOT forget to carry Admission Ticket
- Reach the test center 30minutes before the exam
- Food Items not allowed
- Personal calculators are not permitted in the testing room.
- Cell phones, Smart phone, i pads, PDAs, digital watches are not allowed
- You will be given an option to choose the Score Select option regarding which scores should be sent.
- At the end of the test, you will be given the option to report or cancel your scores.