Pharmacology might be a great option for someone who is interested in
pharmaceuticals, but doesn't want to be a pharmacist directly
interacting with patients. It is also said that pharmacologist is first a
physician, pharmacist or a biologist of
Pharmocologist work right from the drug's conception to its administration. Pharmocologists research and test drugs and chemical compounds for development of drug therapies, prevention of drug interactions, and a variety of other uses. Their role is also
to improve the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of physical illnesses
and psychological the pharmacologist working in the laboratory for
basic research in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology, in educational
institutions or finally in hospitals.
Role of Pharmacologist
- Search the efficacy and safety of a drug.
- Make tests to study the mutagenic (mutation), carcinogenic and teratogenic (malformation) of certain chemicals and drugs.
- Set up the customary dose of the drug.
- Partake in the research of new products (new drugs or new production techniques).
- Make available in a row on drugs.
Skills required to be Pharmacologist
- Knowledge of biology, biochemistry, physiology, pathology and biostatistics.
- Skills in statistics and mathematics
- Demonstrate skills in information technology and computer science
- To show interest in developing new cures and treatments
• Analytical and data processing
• Abilities to solve problems
• Creative and innovative approach
• Patience and tolerance