Personal Financial Advisors
If you are people’s person, have analytical skills and technically smart then consider career as Financial Advisor which holds bright prospects and a lot of diverse job opportunities within the field.
We all need expert financial advice in today’s fast paced world on- how to save to buy new house or car, how to plan retirement or get the best insurance policy, where to invest, how to save taxes, the best insurance scheme, which fund to invest in, which stock to hold, which one to sell; the answers to all these questions comes under the job profile of Personal Financial Advisors.
Roles of Personal Financial Advisors
- Contacting clients and setting up meetings
- Explain the types of financial services they provide
- Educate clients and explain about investment options and potential risks
- Recommend investments to clients
- Help clients plan for specific circumstances
- Monitor clients' accounts
- Research investment opportunities.
Skills of Personal Financial Advisors
- Analytical skills to take sound decision
- Interpersonal skills to establish trust with clients
- Math skills are very important as they constantly work with numbers
- Selling skills comes handy to expand their base of clients
- Speaking skills will help the Personal financial advisors explain complex financial concepts in understandable language.
Some reported job titles
Account Executive, Analyst, Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Financial Advisor, Financial Consultant, Financial Counselor, Financial Planner, Investment Advisor, Portfolio Manager, Registered Representative