Be a part of exciting science, technology, and medical advancements every day by choosing Geneticists as your career. There are enormous opportunities in advancement of science, the care of patients, and the teaching to the next generation genetics professionals. One must be ready to make a commitment in time, energy, and focus to be a successful geneticist, but the rewards are enormous. Genetics will be at the center of scientific advancement for the 21st century. What more exciting and energizing field could anyone choose?
Geneticists job profile is not limited , they can work in different areas as mentioned below:Research Geneticists
Role of Geneticists
- Plan or conduct basic genomic and biological research.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and review, approve, or interpret genetic laboratory results.
- Evaluate genetic data by performing appropriate mathematical or statistical calculations and analyses.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Attend clinical and research conferences and read scientific literature to keep abreast of technological advances and current genetic research findings.
- Supervise or direct the work of other geneticists, biologists, technicians, or biometricians working on genetics research projects.
Skills Required to be Geneticists
Fluency of Ideas: The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).Complex Problem Solving:
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.Good Orator and an Active Listener
: Talking to others to convey information effectively and giving full attention to what others are saying.Judgment and Decision Making
:: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.Creative Thinking:
Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.